2022 Topps Series 2


After driving over to our local Belle Tire thinking that I was going to have to spend $1000 on new tires for my Honda Civic, I got good news that there is plenty of tread and life left on my current ones, so decided to grab a couple of these from Hobby Lobby.  

I don't usually go into these retail packs with any expectations, just hoping to expand my collection of current Cubs. Maybe luck into an old timer short print.

Here is the breakdown:
 
Pack #1
This pack came with the gold card backwards and upside down so for a brief fleeting moment thought it might have been a nice autograph or short print. Eloy insert was not too bad and the gold bordered Vilade looks ok, but why have a card of a player who went 0-3 in 2021???

Pack #2

Probably the best pack of the group, but "Holy Horitzontal, Batman", 5 horizontals in one pack?? Glad to pick up a couple of the young Cub players in this pack. The Tatis is kind of cool, but it will be interesting to see what kind of season he has in 2023. High expectations for this kid, and hopefully he keeps his head on straight...

Pack #3
Cool Die Cut card in this pack, but wonder am a little intrigued as to why Buster Posey is in this insert that includes players like Ted Williams, Satchel Paige, Reggie Jackson, Babe Ruth, Clemente, Mays, Ryan, Brooks Robinson. I mean Posey was certainly a great catcher, but this insert set just seems to be a strange mix of legendary players, with a few modern ones thrown in?

Also this pack is a lot of repeats from pack 1. I think when I saw the Caratini pop up I got concerned I was doomed to basically have the same pack. 

Pack #4
Probably the most "Meh" pack in the group. Mountcastle isn't a bad card for his 2nd year flagship. Hopefully he can get out of Baltimore at some point. I like getting Kiermaier cards as he is a fellow Purdue grad. He's actually had a pretty solid career...Gotta love the Correa and will be interesting to see where he winds up (hopefully not on the Cubs, unless it's for super cheap)...







Comments

  1. Oh man... $1000 for new tires? Guess I haven't bought new tires in awhile. Anyways... glad you were able to put it off a little longer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts