Robin Yount

Happy 68th birthday to Robin Yount! Robin was born in my hometown of Danville, Illinois.

He was one of those players that was already a star just as I was getting to the age of collecting cards in 1987 / 1988, so any time I came across one of his cards, it always had a special place in my baseball card binder. I have tons of his junk wax cards, but very few of the more valuable 1970s editions.


This card has special meaning and is actually not my card at all but one of my 13 year old son's cards. Although it's completely off centered it was one of the first ever baseball cards we bought together for about $2 or $3.

We got it together on one of those summer weekdays when I took a day off from work and he and I spent the day together doing Dad and Son things when he was about 7 years old. It was day of parks, mini-golf, ice cream stands, and finding a few old cards of guys that his old man watched when he was his age.





Comments

  1. Yount's rookie card was in the very first set I collected, so I grew up right with his career and collected all his '70s and early '80s cards as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice memory attached to that card. Your son will probably appreciate that more and more the older he gets.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts