Mailbox Saturday Evening -

I lost out on an Ebay auction on picking up this card at a great price when it was sniped out from me in the last second, however was able to find a buy it now for a lower price and free shipping...so I'll count that as a win.

This gets me to 10/21 for the 1956 Cubs Team set -- nearly halfway there in terms of count. Not quite in terms of value though as that Ernie Banks will be a big one. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a shoebox full of cards at an antique store or flea market!

Did a little research on Bob Speake and here is some interesting things I found out:




Comments

  1. About a year and a half ago, I sent him a custom card through the mail to sign. He signed it and sent his own signed 4x6 back, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! A lot of people don't check the BIN's very often, and end up paying more for something via an auction.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts