Come Monday, It'll Be Alright...

Nothing like reality to smack you in the face to tell you you're getting older, when the legends and heroes you looked up to as a kid start passing away. 


On Friday night, the world lost an original singer / songwriter that I personally discovered when I was 16-year-old looking for some new music for my Sony Discman when loading the car up for a summer family vacation. My uncle had this CD "Songs You Know by Heart" and I said to myself "why not?". We listened to that CD the entire drive from Indiana to Virginia Beach and I was hooked on the mix of Gulf and Western. 


Since listening to that album he's introduced me to the world of Mark Twain, Tom Corcoran, Herman Wouk, and too many other poets, writers, musicians, and artists than I can imagine. My goal in life is to a Renaissance man....

"Take it all in it's as big as it seems
Count all your blessings and remember your dreams" -- Jimmy Dreams

So enjoy this Labor Day holiday, take a break, do what you love, spend time with friends and family. We only get so many trips around the sun!




Comments

Popular Posts