Cubs Collection Update (1957 Topps Status)

I had the opportunity on Friday to take a lunch hour trip to Indy Card Exchange to kick off the holiday weekend. I love that there are boxes of commons from the 50s, 60s, and 70s available to rummage through. With my phone on TCDb, I was able to get about a half hour break from the work-grind, looking for needs for the collection. The place was crazy as usual on a Friday, but I love sitting over in the vintage section that very few gravitate to any longer. 

One cards, I picked up this "new" Vito Valentinetti. Seemed appropriate for Labor Day weekend as he was workhorse for the 1956 Cubs, appearing in 42 games, starting in 2. After that busy 1956 season he bounced around with 4 other teams and wound up ending his baseball career in 1960. 

This addition brings my 1957 Cubs Team set to a whopping 9 cards! 16 more to go to complete this season of Cubs. The holy grail will clearly wind up being the Ernie Banks, but the good news is I don't care about the condition at all. Hoping I can find one for a reasonable price one of these days as my goal to complete 1957, 1958, and 1959 by the end of this year.

My Collection


My Needs:




Comments

  1. Haha! Yep - two boys in travel baseball that I was lucky enough to assistant coach for pretty much made March to August disappear!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts