2024 Hobby Box Stats

Since we're getting our first real significant snowstorm tonight, I decided to log the Hobby Box and check out a few statistics from TCDB.  

Out of what was supposed to be 240 cards in the box (Topps/Fanatics is also getting in on the shrinkflation phenomenon) the breakdown was as follows:

200    Base Cards with 22 duplicates -- so 222/240 base cards (92.5%)

2        Rainbow Foils (Baltimore Orioles TC & NL Leaders Batting Average) -- 2/240 (0.83%)

5        1989 Base Designs -- 5/240 (2.1%)

1        All Topps Team (Matt Olson)

2        2023 Greatest Hits (Acuna & Matt Olson)

1        Celebration of the Kid Ken Griffey Jr

2        Grand Gamers (Carew & Seaver)

1        Home Run Challenge (Mookie Betts)

1        Superstar Blueprint (Bobby Witt Jr)

1        Major League Material (KeBryan Hayes)

So doing the math I got a total of 238 cards (thanks for shorting it even further) -- so turns out to cost about $0.38 per card. Definitely enjoyed opening this box this year, and was glad to use a gift card from work instead of my own cash on this box!

Doubt I'll be doing another hobby box -- there are soooo many inserts and subsets and parallels its crazy), so plan to just get the 150 remaining base cards by raiding the LCS dime box, a few blasters and retail packs, and trading away duplicates.

Below are the duplicates -- minus Ryan Jeffers who I forgot to scan in!






Comments

  1. I was hoping to bust open a blaster of this stuff... but my local Target didn't have any on the shelves yesterday morning. Maybe the card gods are telling me to save my money, avoid all of the inserts, and just buy a factory set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just might be, but it is fun to open up the packs and see what might be there. It all depends on what retail is going for. At $30 I don't know if it's worth it or not.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts