6 more days -

In less than one week, LA Dodgers pitchers and catchers will report! Hard to believe the start of the 2024 is season is nearly here. I'm guessing that there will be lot's of excitement in LaLa Land --- so now let's see if all the money can get them to the World Series.

It's finally a nice Saturday here in Indiana with the sun FINALLY out - apparently we had 10 straight days in January of cloud cover, and 22 in total for the whole month. Apparently on April 8 this year there will be solar eclipse and in this area it will be prime viewing. People are going crazy for it and apparently coming from all over. Hopefully the realize it is Indiana in the spring and the weather can be very unpredictable -- like it could be 70 degrees, or we could have snow.


Today while my oldest had his pitching lesson, my wife and youngest got some grocery shopping done. I had asked her to keep an eye out for '23 Stadium Club, but instead she called and said this box was on sale for $15 -- finally at an appropriate price for retail flagship. I'm sure the hype '24 Flagship is out in two weeks is helping these prices be more in my window.

This was not a bad box and got a decent amount of cards to add to a very slow set build. Like usual, some good rookies and I still really like the Aces insert, although I think I already have this Maddux.

Here are the highlights:

Pack #1 - not too bad. Cubs team card, World Series champs team card. The Mookie Betts actually looks pretty decent and while it's just a manufactured relic, actually looks decently centered.
Pack #2 - not too bad. That middle card reminds me of the late 60's league leaders with 3 superstars on it.
Pack #3 - Yadier saying good bye and George Brett '88. I swear that Brett looks like his actual '88 but need to check on that.
Pack #4 - any Trout is a good card, and a nice Acuna. I'll be interested to see how the Royals do this year, as they have some young talent, but lack the pitching depth that the Orioles have.
Pack #5 - kind of a dud pack, but I do like those Aces. I like Jazz Chisolm because we wound up seeing him in Jupiter one fall break. We went to a big Perfect Game tourney and my son recognized him getting out of his fancy purple car.
Pack #6 - the hot rookie pack for sure, or it could be the dirty pants pack. All three guys in here look like they've done some headfirst sliding!
Pack #7 - my only 2023 Chrome since those packs and boxes were way to expensive this year. I remember three or four years ago could afford a hobby box of Chrome and got that set completed. Now it's just way to high.

Not a bad box overall and not horrible for retail. $15 is a much better price point for this stuff instead of the $25 it was previously going for. 

Looking forward to Valentines Day and 2024 hitting and will likely try to get a box of that this year with some of the 2023 bonus money that will be coming through from work!














Comments

  1. That's a good price. I ended up paying full price for some of those Super Boxes they sold at Target. Haven't had time to open them yet and probably won't anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot like Christmas or other holiday decorations. Just wait until a week or two after and most things go to 75% off! That is my kind of deal!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts