A True Dime Box


Was a hectic week at work and we had the dreaded auditors out in our offices this week. I can't say it was all that bad, since that is what I did when I started my career. Don't worry I was not a tax auditor!

Needed to take a walk to enjoy some of the 50 degree weather so over lunch walked up to the local game/Pokeman store that has a few baseball cards as well. I went there last year to look through their bulk cards but they were in the $0.50 / $1.00 per card range, and I just could not pay that for junk wax commons. At that time, when I inquired if they'd take less was answered with an emphatic no.

Was pleasantly surprised this week to find out the prices have dropped to 10 for $1.00 on unsleeved, and 3 for $1.00 on the sleeved -- a much better price!  So was able to grab a few Cubs, some Expos/Royals Topps needs, some Quaker Chewy/Post, and some individual player cards. It's kind of a hodgepodge of cards, but for $5 not a bad haul. 

I actually like the look of the 2006 Topps cards. Kind of a neat design, even if the use of foil is a little much. Looked like a lot of the cards might have signs of bricking on it, so wondering if there was a new glossy approach that Topps used that year?









Comments

  1. 2006 Topps was the first modern set I collected when I got back into the hobby. I used to have a ton of duplicates, but it's almost all gone now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss dime boxes. Haven't seen any at any card shows or flea markets in a few months... and haven't seen them in a card shop in years. Glad you have some to dig through at lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice finds. It's great that you were able to find a tried and true dime box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obviously no one else was buying them at their original price either; hence the drop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts