The rest of the story (2024 Topps Hobby Box Part II)

Finished up the 2024 Hobby box I purchased last night. Not a bad finish and some neat remaining inserts along with the Silver Pack (shiny Topps Chrome). I finally got my first Cub (Justin Steele) 10 packs into the box -- they started coming in pretty quickly after that though.


Here was my "hit" and I was pretty happy with it. Since the Pirates' AAA farm team is here in Indy, we get to see all of their stars and it's fun to see the guys we watch in the summer make it to the big leagues. I'm not overly excited about autographs or relics these days, but this is not a bad one to get.


Here are the rest of the '89 designs. Not a terrible group, but the player name is just bugging me -- can't believe that Topps could not get this right.


These grand gamers are pretty nice-looking cards too...the borders are actually pretty cool. Not the most exciting players to get, but I do like the look of these cards.


Finally my silver pack cards. These are pretty decent. Another Ronald Acuna Jr, and Rafaela looks like he's a pretty solid prospect. Hard to go wrong with a future HOFer in Cabrera as well.





Comments

  1. That's a nice way to end the deal. The Ke'Bryan Hayes remix card is sweet, and so are the silver pack cards. I'd say it's worth missing sushi for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't too bad of a finish. The Silver Pack was not too shabby and I do like the Hayes (sorry I couldn't change the comment :))

      Delete
  2. I haven't scooped up any yet, but it won't be long and they'll be coming out of my ears, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you find some good deals - with the smaller box sizes will run a bit more to finish the set -- but I bet dime boxes start filling up here soon too.

      Delete
  3. Nice pulls. I agree the names on those '89 tributes just look weird...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, if you're going to do the tribute at least don't be lazy -- how hard would it have been to use font spacing?

      Delete
  4. The base set is fantastic. The inserts are "okay" at best. Someone left a comment on another blog that this product would be awesome if there were only base cards. I think I'd be okay with that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts