47 Trips Around The Sun

Today marked my 47th trip around the sun and overall had a great day considering it was a Wednesday the week after Thanksgiving. Could be the cold weather, could be just getting close to year-end, but still feels like I'm suffering a bit from a Thanksgiving weekend hangover.

Anyway, was lucky enough to have a nice dinner with my wife and two boys at home followed by our traditional post dinner birthday cake. Also got some baseball cards as a gift from the family - another good tradition. This time was a hanger of 2023 Heritage and a hanger of 2023 Update. More on those in a later post once I get those put together.

Over lunch hour today I was able to take a little longer lunch and made the trek down to our local card shop. Man was I on a mission today and was able to knock off a big chunk of some vintage Cubs cards. 

Picked up all these 66-year-old cards today for $2 each! In a world of $20 - $25 packs and $400 - $500 boxes talk about a steal. I am so close to finishing off the 1957 Cubs, just have three more needs. There is a special open spot in the binder for the Ernie Banks, Cubs Team Card, and Cal Neeman. 





I really need to start learning how to trade on Trading Card database or start getting better at using blogs to start trading. Don't think I'll be filling the Banks or Williams needs, but need to figure out how to start knocking off common cards that are needs from the 60s and 70s.  Would love any advise that you expert bloggers might have in expanding my collection through trading!


Comments

  1. Happy birthday! ... I'm collecting 2023 Heritage, so if there's a short-print in there that you don't care about let me know, might need it.

    TCDB trades have been pretty productive and I haven't had to even propose any myself and am up to almost 40 complete! I think the key is to get your cards listed on there, especially your "for trade/for sale" cards.

    Blog trading was way more active 5-10 years ago. I think the issue with us bloggers is we don't have a lot of cards stockpiled, cards just got too expensive for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Definitely have my TCDB database current but need to get the want list and available for trade list more current. I started logging cards last Christmas break and wrapped it up early summer. It's much easier to stay on top of updating now that the heavy lifting is done!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday! For what it's worth, on my blog I have a project called Time Travel Trading. I have a ton of cards from the 60's and 70's available, and all I ask in return is an older card in return. Feel free to check it out and make an offer if there's one you need: https://diamond-jesters.blogspot.com/2023/11/time-travel-trading-update-83.html I'm also on the TCDB (Kep75).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt - will definitely check it out. I don't have much before the 60s and 70s that are not already Cubs in my collection, but maybe we find something comparable!

      Delete
    2. Hey Matt - tried to connect on the TCDB - you have a 1960 Cub (Harry Bright) that I'd like to trade for!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts