First 2024 (and ever) Trade & Some "Junk Wax"

Just finished my first trade for 2024, and really my first ever trade through the blogs with Matt at Diamond Jesters (diamond-jesters.blogspot.com)

Was surprised to see three Cubs team needs in the Time Travel Trade Stack over at Diamond Jesters. I recently picked up a few 1959 extras as part of an overall Cubs order on WhatNot, so the Time Travel trade worked out really well. I shipped over a few '59s and was able to get the following in return.







I also picked up two rack packs of 1987 Topps from Sal over at Junk Wax Sal from his Sunday night WhatNot show. His shows are really entertaining and it's fun to watch some of the junk wax boxes that he opens on YouTube on Thursday nights. 



His shows are really light-hearted and the complete opposite of typical breaker stuff you see on YouTube. He's definitely a card collector, but he's a lot like me in that his prime collecting days were mid-80s to early-90s. The shows are about having a good time opening some cards, talking about baseball and who and who shouldn't be in the hall of fame.

This was my first purchase from his show, as I saw that Ryne Sandberg on the cover which I did not yet have in my collection. I'll probably update tomorrow during the upcoming snow-pacolypse, that we are about to have here in Indiana.

Comments

  1. 1987 Topps should be a fun rip. Wasn't familiar with Junk Wax Sal, but I just subscribed to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the trade! Hopefully we'll match up again sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You couldn't ask for a better person to make your first trade with :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! It was a great trade and the time travel idea is great!

      Delete
  4. Good to see new people joining the time travel trading community - especially as I needed those '59s for my set!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts