Granola Bars & Baseball Cards

 

Was searching around on Card Barrell the other day to try and complete my 2024 Topps Series 1 set -- was able to get down to just needing Elly De La Cruz; Jaason Dominguez and Evan Carter. I'd rather pick those up at my local card shop instead of having to spend over $12 for those three -- it let me focus on a few other Cubs Team Set needs, and also let me get within 3 cards of this set that my ten year old self would have loved to complete.

I still remember as a kid the box of granola bars with these cards in them. I remember eating tons of granola bars as a kid, but somehow my collection prior to now only consisted of 3 cards -- Rickey Henderson, Vince Coleman and Don Mattingly.

This is a fun set to collect and is full of a ton of Hall of Famers and mid 1980s Stars. It kind of reminds me a lot of 1970s Topps sets with close up shots. 

I'm just down 3 cards from this set, Pete Rose, Nolan Ryan, and Darrell Evans so I'll look to grabbing those soon and will be able to cross this one off. 

I think it's interesting there is no Andre Dawson in this set. Also no Carlton Fisk, Lou Whitaker, or Paul Molitor. 






Comments

  1. Cards in granola bar boxes? Awesome! I love reading about all the products that came with baseball cards. Unfortunately, I haven't been around long enough to partake in granola bar cards.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts